University Staff, Permanent - Financial Specialist (Public May Apply)
Code: 13110 Posted: 05/02/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Financial Specialist. UW-Parkside and UW System employees are encouraged to apply.
This is a full time, non-represented, non-exempt, University Staff position. A six month probationary period will be required.
Financial Specialist, Academic Department, Associate Box Office Manager. In administering the Box Office, this position determines box office policies and procedures; develops reports and ticket forms; facilitates ticket purchases including special ticket offers; oversees and maintains patron records and develops mailing lists. Fiscal responsibilities of this position include determining and managing cash handling operations; compiling daily deposit reports; reconciling receipts and transactions; conducts monthly audits. Academic Department Associate for the College of Arts and Humanities with focus in the Music, Theatre and Speech areas.
55% Financial Specialist - Box Office Manager:
- Oversee functions of the Box Office including records management, purchasing and information technology, under the general supervision of the Fine Arts Supervisor
- Manage, implement, and maintain the University ticketing system (Utix). Duties include troubleshooting the ticketing system; updating the system with upcoming performance information; creating performance; sales details and reports for events, including end-of-show reporting, and training employees to use the new system. This position maintains box office hardware and equipment (e.g. ticket printers, credit card machines, etc.) as well as advising on equipment needed for the ticketing systems; and assists in marketing and development activities
- Manage all financial reports, sales, and deposits of the Box Office through Utix and WISDM software systems
- Manage the entering, maintaining, reporting, and invoicing of reservations and events in the EMS system
- This position requires a flexible schedule with nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned
45% Academic Department Associate – College of the Arts and Humanities:
- Provide academic support for the college with focus in the areas of Music, Theatre and Speech
- Process paperwork for Music Department Juries
- Manage files and student records, and Coordinate student evaluations for the Music, Theatre, and Speech areas
- Assist faculty of the College of Arts and Humanities with their tenure and promotion files as specified by Dean's office of the College of Arts and Humanities
- Assist the College Event Manager in Music and Theatre department events, including staging, audio visual equipment, recording, and set-up
- Assist the College Event Manager as needed in academic events
- Manage and complete all necessary room set-ups for daily meetings and events as listed in the Event Management System for the Music and Theatre departments
- Serve as Fine Arts liaison with duties and responsibilities associated with the Campus Persona door swipe system
- Manage student clerical support as needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Dependable and ability to follow-through with tasks
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Possess and display attention to detail in his or her day-to-day work
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at once
- Must demonstrate and practice effective communication skills
- Flexibility and problem solving ability
- Thorough understanding of the functioning basics behind the operations of the Rita, specifically the Box Office, galleries, concert hall, practice rooms, and event management and operations
- The manager must have the ability and willingness to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in support of the daily operation
- Additional skills and experience in employee supervision and computer operations are required
- Must have demonstrated experience and preference working collaboratively in support of shared goals
- Responsible for Money, University Funds or Accounts which hold financial information
- Ergonomic Requirements: Keyboarding/typing, must be able to walk to different areas of campus (CART, GRNQ, MOLN, SCTR, TLNT, WYLL, etc.) Good hand/eye coordination required to using computer mouse, up and down from chair in response to office activities. Move supplies and equipment to proper destination. Bending, lifting and reaching in regards to filing, equipment, supplies. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Three or more years of experience with:
- Theatre and music terms as relates to programming, staging, electrical, lighting, sound and audio visual
- Working music and theatre performances
- Set-up and strike of special events
- Coordinating volunteers and student help for events
- Events management systems, invoicing, spreadsheets, and ticketing systems
A working knowledge of:
- EMS (Event Management System) program
- WISDM – campus we-based financial reporting system
- Utix – University ticketing system
- Persona – campus door swipe system
- Scala – campus video monitoring system
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Review of applications will begin May 15, 2017; applications received by 11:59 PM May 31, 2017, are ensured full consideration.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13110"
- Select "Financial Specialist"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
The salary range for this position is $16.83 - $17.10 per hour.
The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Joseph Lambin
Contact Phone: 262-595-2331
Contact Email: email@example.com