University Staff, Permanent - Information System Specialist (Public May Apply)
University Staff, Permanent - Information System Specialist (Public May Apply)
Code: 12793 Posted: 01/24/2017
The University of Wisconsin Parkside invites applicants for a IS Business Automation Sr. opening in our Cashiers Office.
This position reports to the Bursar and has responsibility for design and oversight of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. This position is the primary contact for technology used to support and enhance business functions related to billing, accounts receivable, cash management, and general ledger. The person in this position functions as a business systems liaison for Business Services and consults with all functional user departments. In addition, the position supports student accounts receivable records, assists in the coordination of cashiering, and assists in data gathering for financial analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
45% A. System Maintenance, Training and Support
- Maintain the PeopleSoft Campus Solution-Student Financials
- Define, integrate and validate data streams from a variety of internal and external sources for use in financial reporting and analysis.
- Maintain written instructions on policies and procedures.
- Develop training materials for PeopleSoft Campus solutions-Student Financials and educate users on features and ensure policy and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Assist system users in day to day operations. Troubleshoot problems. Provide guidance with system issues.
- Upload and download FTP files when needed for further batch processing
- Develop and run queries as needed or requested using People Tools, Oracle OBIEE, SQL, etc
- Perform detailed analysis and design for specialized, business related, complex automated systems; develop specifications, test conditions and monitor/troubleshoot the developed systems. Create program code and menus to store these reports so that the user may run them as needed. Create queries, update parameters and other database codes.
- Identify and develop new data interfaces brought about by the changing data requirements and new financial applications; supports implementation of operational improvements; and supports student financials and general ledger data interface.
- Assist in the migration to new software versions of the ERP system and other software used.
- Executes, reviews and maintains database validations of key financial and operational internal controls to ensure data integrity. This may involve scheduled (daily or monthly) review and evaluation of validation results
- Generate and exercise test environments and data conversions
- Knowledge of application interface specifications of other PeopleSoft modules such as records/registration, admissions, HRS, general ledger, curriculum, and degree audit and participate as part of the implementation team
- Develop, manage and monitor progress of project plans, which impact all phases of the systems development life cycle. Work with technical CTS department/staff to resolve technical issues
- Develop strategies for statistical analysis of multiple databases
- Assist with student billing and payment plans.
- Assist with processing of tuition remissions.
- Answer questions from staff members, students, parents and other university employees concerning student accounts.
- Assist with processing dates for payments and dates that require the interaction with other areas relating to accounts receivable.
- Assist with reconciliation of data between PeopleSoft Student Financials and PeopleSoft General Ledger.
- Assist in troubleshooting any general ledger data discrepancies.
- Assist with preparing accurate and timely monthly financial schedules and other management reports when requested.
- Make sure procedures are in compliance with UW System financial policies and procedures
- Attend appropriate seminars and classes to maintain and advance current level of information technology, communication and client service skills.
- Develop and direct system/project definition and specifications ensuring compliance with all university, UW-System, State Wisconsin and federal Policies/regulations.
- Read appropriate trade journals and professional publications regarding current developments and software enhancements in the fields of information technology.
- Comply with recognized environmental health and safety practices.
- Performs special projects as required and other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate general ledger detail, financial records, and related files. This includes maintaining adequate supporting records, audit trails, internal controls, and filing systems.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy of financial, accounting, and other management reports.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong financial, analytical, IT and critical/problem solving/thinking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good customer service skills
- Knowledge of UW System policies on tuition
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Responsibility for accounts which hold financial information
- Two years' experience with a PeopleSoft module
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with data collection tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, General Ledger or HRS
- Experience with Oracle OBIEE
- Experience with PeopleSoft Query
- Knowledge of University of Wisconsin System policies and procedures
- Project Management experience
- Experience with SQL
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Minimum hourly pay of $24.48 based upon qualifications and experience. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
To ensure consideration, completed online application materials must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, February 10, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are to be submitted electronically through our employment portal.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search", Job Opening ID: "12793"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime" click "Search"
- Select "IS Business Automation Sr. " click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login". If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a comprehensive campus of the University of Wisconsin System with approximately 4800 students, 120 faculty, and 70 instructional academic staff offering 33 undergraduate majors and 3 master's degrees in 22 academic departments. The campus is located between the cities of Kenosha and Racine in southeastern Wisconsin, within the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.
The university is situated on 700 acres of prairie and woodland approximately two miles west of Lake Michigan. Consisting of 15 buildings, the coherence and unity of the original campus design within its natural landscape has been sustained over four decades of development. Recent additions include a renovated and expanded student center, a 250 bed suite-style residence hall, and a greatly expanded and renovated center for the arts and humanities.
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
Contact Name: Brittany Castaneda
Contact Phone: 262-595-2258
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org