University Staff University Services Program Associate Public May Apply
University Staff-University Services Program Associate
Code: 13346 Posted: 07/28/2017
The University of Wisconsin Parkside invites applicants for a University Services Program Associate to join our team in the University of Wisconsin Parkside Student Center.
This position is a university staff, full-time, non-exempt, non-represented position. A six month probation period may be required. The hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm.
This position serves as the primary contact for meeting, conference and event services for the Student Center and other campus venues. It is part of the Event & Conference Services team to provide venue, audio-visual, catering and staffing services for a diverse clientele and their events and meetings. This position supervises one to three student employees who assist with event management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
65% A. Conference, Event & Meeting Reservations Coordination
- Serve as the primary contact for Conference & Event Services reservation requests and backup assistance to catering inquiries.
- Process event requests and provide daily follow-up on event details including audio-visual requests, setup/teardown, timeline and staff needs.
- Respond to phone, email and electronic media inquiries.
- Process event, wedding and summer camp contracts; follow up with client on details and coordinate with Conference & Event staff.
- Process Event Management System (EMS) invoices and journal entries.
- Attend Conference & Event team and client meetings to provide overall coordination of event and catering services.
20% B. Office Management
- Provide on-going training and supervise administrative office student staff.
- Process professional and student employee new hire paperwork and maintain files.
- Coordinate hiring, marketing and training processes for Student Center student employees.
- Process purchasing paperwork for services, equipment and work orders as needed.
- Prepare unit deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
15% C. Marketing Coordination
- Coordinate website updates for Student Center services and programs.
- Monitor The Knot and Wedding Wire accounts for prospective clients.
- Collaborate on Conference & Event marketing plans.
- Participate in wedding shows and catering open houses.
Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Strong organizations, written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem resolution and customer services skills.
- Ability to balance several on-going projects, establish priorities and work under deadlines in a diverse office setting.
- Detailed oriented.
- Experience with event and/or catering management software systems such as Event Management Systems (EMS).
- High level of computer software knowledge including Word and Excel.
- Ergonomic requirements: extensive computer use.
- Ability to lift and move tables and chairs: up to 50 lbs.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associate’s Degree in Event Services or Hospitality Management.
- 3 Years of Related Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Documented experience working with event management systems.
- Possess an event planning certification.
- Electronic and print media experience.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $15.42 -$19.50 per hour.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications
Online applications received by 11:59 pm August 14, 2017 are ensured full consideration.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link, then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13346"
- Select "University Services Program Associate"
- Click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applicants from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Diane Gaffney
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2200
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org