University Staff, Permanent - Student Status Examiner Associate (Public May Apply)
Code: 12812 Posted: 02/08/2017
UW Parkside and UW System employees with expected continuous employment (formerly known as Permanent), Project and Limited Term Employees, are encouraged to apply.
This position is a university staff, full-time, non-exempt, non-represented position. A six month probation period may be required. The hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm.
This position is housed within the Admissions and New Student Services office of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside and supports the Admissions office in recruitment efforts related to the timely processing of applications. The individual will independently download, evaluate, assess, and gather all required information in relation to reviewing student admission records. The individual must fully understand, interpret, and communicate university policies and procedures regarding admissions decisions and university records. Providing and modifying student record information requires that this person demonstrate integrity and dedication to maintaining the student record. This position requires a high level knowledge of technology, including software such as PeopleSoft, ImageNow and Microsoft Office Suite. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position works under general supervision of the Director of Admission and Recruitment.
75% A. Manage the Electronic PeopleSoft Conversion System (EPCS), the electronic delivery and uploading of online applications in PeopleSoft, and the application fee processing in accordance with UW System policies.
- Process applications for admissions and corresponding fee payments on a daily basis. Identify information from the electronic application that is needed to ensure data is being properly uploaded into PeopleSoft. Retrieve, print or copy to ImageNow, load, correct, and post on-line applications. Ensure accuracy of all information entered in PeopleSoft.
- After EPCS is uploaded, examine all applications to record correct names, addresses, admit type, enrollment status, citizenship status, academic program/plan, previous schools attended and post to PeopleSoft. Using a high level of discretion, determine additional information that can be automated from EPCS into PeopleSoft.
- Develop and maintain training documents to assist in the proper uploading of the EPCS
- Determine if the applicant owes a fee. A thorough knowledge and understanding of the policies of the UW-System regarding application fees is essential. Record all electronic payments and reconcile with payment report each day. Credit back any electronic payments made by credit card that were not required.
- Test information both in EPCS and PeopleSoft when new upgrades or versions are being installed.
- Verify electronic credit card payments on cashiering report following proper UW System and UW-Parkside cash handling procedures. Review all checks and money orders for proper amount, signature, and date stamp. Prepare daily deposit for the Cashier's Office, copy checks and supervise delivery to the Cashier.
- Make initial residency for tuition purposes determinations for all applicants.
- Create checklists (in PeopleSoft) of required items for admission for each applicant.
- Determine admissibility for special (non-degree seeking) students at time of application.
- Review applications to make admission decisions. Examine transcripts, test scores and recommendations to determine admissibility of all undergraduate applications including applications where predetermined admissions policies are not immediately applicable
- Review application materials that arrive to the admissions office to determine the proper course of action. Review records, enter data, maintain workflow of materials, update records, etc.
- Enter all appropriate information into PeopleSoft database.
- Compose, process and send written correspondence to students
- Correspond with applicants via phone and or in person as to their application status and steps to complete the process. Work with students on problems with application materials. Recommend and resolve issues.
- Provide guidance, training and assistance to all staff in the Admissions and New Student Services related to admissions processing.
- Consult with other university offices to resolve issues with applicants files
- Assist with campus visitation programs, as needed.
- Ensure high quality of customer service through all interactions including responding to emails, written correspondence or phone calls in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of admission policies.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PeopleSoft, ImageNow, and EPCS
- Knowledge of UW-System application process and fees.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Flexibility. The department and this position will change as processes, technologies or service needs dictate.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a cooperative and professional manner with all stakeholders, staff, faculty, students, prospective students, co-workers, vendors and supervisor
- Good customer service aptitude.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to problem solve; be creative, analytical, and flexible.
- Experience working with a PC and proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with student information systems, and in particular, PeopleSoft or other Oracle products
- High level of organization, time management and attention to detail
- Experience in higher education
- Experience working with university admissions
- Experience working with document imaging software such as ImageNow.
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Proven experience being an active and positive contributor to a team
The hourly rate of pay for this position is no less than $15.41/hour.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Applications received by March 17, 2017 are ensured full consideration.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login" . If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process. Under "Basic Job Search" enter the Keyword "Parkside" and click the Search button. Select "Student Status Examiner Associate Job Opening ID #12812 " Click "Apply Now".
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions.
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application.
Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applicants from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Sharon Acerbi
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2130
Contact Email: email@example.com