- Provide Quality customer service to all SAC main office visitors, callers and email senders, both scheduled and unscheduled, regarding various matters involving the SAC and Athletics and HESM Departments. Develop insight to know when to refer matters to others. Mediate and defuse negative issues when possible and keep appropriate personnel informed.
- Manage SAC memberships and inquiries for community, faculty/staff and students. Includes maintenance of membership software/database, troubleshooting system problems, database cleanup, development, maintenance and distribution of SAC membership forms to members and potential members as appropriate.
Employment & HR:
- Administer hiring process for Athletic & HESM Department personnel. Includes assisting with PAR development, maintaining TAM, developing and making candidate travel arrangements and itineraries along with coordinating all candidate reimbursements. Also includes initiating contact letters and related hire forms for Athletic Department personnel.
- Administer hiring process for all student workers in the Athletic Department including the Wellness Center, Strength & Conditioning Center, Issue Room, Intramurals & other athletic events.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers in SAC main office.
- Maintain volunteer documentation, ensuring compliance with UW System and Risk Management Requirements. Prepare annuals detailing responsibilities, volunteer hours and dates, and other UW System and NCAA required statements of coverage and rules.
- Provide confidential support for Athletics and HESM Departments, when requested, in all personnel-related issues including performance evaluations, grievances, salary, discipline actions, terminations and complaints. Includes development, updating and coordination of annual contract letters and personal changes for Athletic Department personnel.
- Provide administrative support to Athletic and HESM Departments including Director of Athletics and HESM Department Chair.
- Provide confidential support to Athletic and HESM Departments with regard to a variety of student-related issues.
- Assist HESM Department with development, processing & maintenance of academic related records including course evaluations, course scheduling & catalogs, plan declarations, course syllabi and various course-related documents including items such as Executive Action and Fieldwork registration forms.
- Prepare meeting notices and required minutes & meeting records as necessary for each department.
- Verify accurate recording of HESM Department budget using WISDM. Includes monitoring of HESM Department expenses and informing Department Chair of financial status of HESM accounts.
- Receive, process and file requests for HESM departmental and teaching staff-related expenditures. Work with Business Services on policies and correct processes to ensure correct payments and reimbursements are made.
- Assisting HESM Faculty and staff with use of any available start-up or similar funding.
- Maintain and order office supplies and equipment Athletics and HESM as necessary
- Sort and distribute mail for Athletics and HESM departments.
- Trouble shoot for copy machine, printers, projectors and other office and classroom equipment as necessary. Call for service when issues arise if necessary.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Athletic Director and HESM Department Chair.
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Athletic Events/Seasons
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels
Applications received by 11:59 PM February 16, 2018 are ensured full consideration; position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
- Self Service”
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "14004"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "University Services Program Associate for HESM and Athletics"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.