- EXPLORE/UWP INFORMATION
- HUMAN RESOURCES
University Staff Shipping & Mail Associate (Public May Apply)
University Staff Shipping & Mail Associate (Public May Apply)
Code: 14186 Posted: 04/03/2018
The University of Wisconsin Parkside currently has a 1st shift Shipping & Mailing Associate vacancy in our Mail Services Department.
Members of the public and UW Parkside and UW System employees with expected continuous employment, Project and Limited Term Employees, are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, non-represented, non-exempt position. A six month permissive probation period will be required.
1st shift M-F :6:45 AM to 3:15 PM
The key principle of this job is to support the mission of the University of WI-Parkside by providing services for mail/parcels by processing/delivery of incoming, outgoing and campus mail/parcels.
Be able to provide guidance and respond to inquiries from the faculty and staff.
Complete other duties as assigned.
75% ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MAILROOM, SURPLUS AND CENTRAL RECEIVING OPERATIONS
1. Operate postage meters and scales using a computer based accounting system in order to process, prepare, sort, wrap, and deliver all classes of mail. This would include domestic, international, certified, registered, insured, express, priority, standard mailings (3rd Class) and Federal Express.
2. Pick up, sort and prepare U.S. mail for delivery and process delivery slips for all types of incoming parcels/packages interdepartmental and U.S. mail.
3. Open and inspect all incoming packages/parcels for appropriate addressing, check condition of contents, match contents with Purchase Orders and/or Low Dollar Orders and packing slip. Complete Central Receiving report, note any discrepancies. Process all paperwork and distribute accordingly
4. Scan, deliver, setup, maintain and prepare letter/package/parcel list using an Excel spreadsheet for departmental delivery and maintain current and past files for Central Receiving/Mail Services.
5. Drive mailroom vehicle on special and/or daily deliveries and pickup of parcels/packages and interdepartmental and U.S. mail on campus and to/from U.S. Post Offices.
6. Prepare and process UPS packages using a computer manifest system and print a daily UPS manifest report.
7. Maintains Standard mailing, postage due and business reply accounts with Post Office using Excel spreadsheets.
25% ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MAIL ROOM, SURPLUS AND CENTRAL RECEIVING OPERATIONS
1. Service mailroom window and answer telephone inquiries from campus personnel.
2. Schedule maintenance for mailroom equipment, operate and maintain material handling/furniture moving equipment when needed. Maintain and operate mail vehicle and perform general housekeeping duties when needed
3. Assist Surplus staff in documenting and processing surplus forms and moving surplus items to and from surplus rooms.
4. Order supplies from Post Office when required and pick up/deliver newspapers.
5. Affix inventory identification numbers to equipment identified as capital and properly process and distribute paperwork.
6. Assist in training new temporary employees.
7. Perform other duties as directed.
Ability to access customer’s needs and assuring quality standards for services and evaluating customer satisfaction.
To have the flexibility and confidentiality when dealing with customers and co-workers.
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Applicants must be physically able to safely perform efficiently the duties of the position, which may at times require exertion involving prolonged lifting, standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers and carts of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend spoken English.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Must be able to use computers, calculators and have Microsoft Office experience.
- Comprehend written instructions and as directed.
- Must be able to multi task and at times work with constant noise and interruptions.
- Be able to handle difficult situations.
Knowledge of mail processing by being able to use a postage machine, electronic scale and accounting system.
The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
The ability to write, read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
To be able to work with constant interruptions and handle difficult situations.
Please Note: Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a minimum of 2 years driving experience and must be able to pass a driver background check in order to drive a state vehicle.
The hourly rate will not be less than the minimum of the pay range of $12.75 per hour. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
* Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf
* Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Applications submitted by Friday, April 20, 2018 will have full consideration
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are to be submitted electronically through our employment portal.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
"Advanced Search", Job Opening ID: "14186"
Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime" click "Search"
Select "Shipping and Mailing Associate", click "Apply”
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login". If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “ job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applicants should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report
Contact Name: Jill Jarapko
Contact Phone: 262/595/2204
Contact Email: email@example.com