University Staff Temporary Financial Specialist (Public May Apply)
University Staff Temporary Financial Specialist
Code: 13574 Posted: 10/16/2017
The Financial Specialist processes tuition payments, departmental deposits, balances cash and provides excellent customer service to students, parents and university departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
65% A. Perform the tasks necessary to collect all UW-Parkside student fees, including financial aid; and account for all departmental funds deposited at the Cashier's Office.
- Collect and process student payments for tuition and fees
- Balance cash daily
- Collect and process all departmental and student organization deposits
- Answer student/parent questions
- Process ID cards and post campus cash and dining dollars to student ID cards
- Post International Student Fees and Insurance
- Assign students to payment plans
- Process documents in ImageNow
- Analyze student accounts
- Post charges and waivers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
15% B. Assist Financial Specialist Senior with other duties as needed
- Process Parent Plus loan checks
- Assist with past due collections
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows Outlook, ImageNow, and QuickBooks
- Excellent customer service
- Excellet oral & written communication skills
- Experience with cash handling and cash balancing
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and campus personnel
- Document Imaging
Responsible for Money, University funds, or accounts which hold financial information? Yes
Extensive computer use and occasionally stand for long perios of time
Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate of appropriate general ledger detail, financial records, and related files. This includes maintaining adequate supporting records, audit trails, internal controls, and filing systems.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy of financial, accounting, and other management reports.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
Cash handling, customer service
- Experience with MS Word and Excel, ability to handle multiple tasks, be able to work independently and with a team, knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Document imaging and experience with QuickBooks
Review of Applications
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Online applications received by 11:59 pm October 27, 2017 are ensured full consideration.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link, then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13574"
- Select "University Staff Temporary Financial Specialsit"
- Click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applicants from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Rebecca Shaw
Contact Phone: 262/595-2258
Contact Email: email@example.com