- Campus Life
- Admissions + Aid
- Athletics + Arts
- Alumni + Partners
- About Us
Code: 105 Posted: 02/11/2015
Women’s Head Soccer Coach
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Position Location:Southeastern, WI
Reporting Relationship:Athletic Director
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Head Women's Soccer Coach in the Athletic Department. This position was recently changed to exclude a teaching component and no longer requires a master's degree.
Under the general supervision of the Athletic Director, the Women's Soccer Coach will assist in all areas of the game to include recruiting, scouting, break down of game film, daily practice responsibilities, field maintenance, community engagement activities and fund raising. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required.
The head women's soccer coach shall be accountable for all elements included in conducting of an intercollegiate sport. He/she will be responsible for; the safety and security of student-athletes, teaching fundamental skills, techniques, and strategies, evaluating progress, recruiting, academic monitoring of student-athletes, conducting fundraising activities, budgets, conducting community engagement activities, administration of the team office, coordination with sports information office, cooperation with media, and coordination with the athletic training staff. 75% of the position is coaching and the other 25% will be general duties to be assigned with the Department of Athletics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge of NCAA Div. II soccer practices and regulations. Must become NCAA Division II recruiting certified, ability to establish good rapport and relationships with players, administrators, staff, alumni and the general public. Ability to effectively interact with a diverse, multicultural population. Must have proven administrative, organizational and recruiting skills and demonstrated technical mastery of the sport of soccer. Ability to model character, integrity and leadership skills necessary to lead the soccer program and compliment a strong cohesive athletic staff.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications: Applications received by April 18, 2015 are ensured full consideration. The position is open until filled. Position starts June 1, 2015.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following, preferably in electronic format:
Go to:www.careers.wisconsin.edu Click the "Apply Now" button.You must create an account and login before you can apply.If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process.If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login."
·Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions call or email:
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities.If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below.Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
About the University:
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a comprehensive campus of the University of Wisconsin System with approximately 4800 students, 120 faculty, and 70 instructional academic staff offering 33 undergraduate majors and 3 master's degrees in 22 academic departments. The campus is located between the cities of Kenosha and Racine in southeastern Wisconsin, within the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.The university is situated on 700 acres of prairie and woodland approximately two miles west of Lake Michigan. Consisting of 15 buildings, the coherence and unity of the original campus design within its natural landscape has been sustained over four decades of development. Recent additions include a renovated and expanded student center, a 250 bed suite-style residence hall, and a greatly expanded and renovated center for the arts and humanities. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Contact Name: Nancy Franzen
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2245
Contact Email: Nancy.Franzen@uwp.edu