Senior Professional in Human Resources
Online Senior Human Resources Training
Become a Certified Senior HR Professional
Human capital is the single most important asset in any business and human resources managers are charged with protecting these assets. This 100% online training course will prepare you for two top certifications for senior HR professionals: Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) and HRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional). You will be fully equipped to advance your HR career in only 6 months.
Job Outlook for Senior Professional in Human Resources
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median salary for those in a human resources manager position is nearly $116,000.
The BLS estimates that at least 10,000 new jobs will be needed in this profession by 2028.
Senior Professional in Human Resources FAQs
DO YOU NEED A CERTIFICATION TO BECOME A HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER?
While requirements are not standardized across the HR field, becoming a Senior Certified HR Professional shows that you can:
- Navigate organizational politics
- Develop relationship management skills
- Encourage cross-cultural communication
- Evaluate workforce with data and statistics
- Strategically lead functional HR areas like talent acquisition and learning and development
IS GETTING CERTIFIED WORTH IT FOR MID-CAREER HR PROFESSIONALS?
Yes. According to Payscale.com, senior HR professionals with advanced certification earn up to $10,000 more than those who do not.
DOES THIS COURSE PREPARE ME FOR CERTIFICATION?
Yes. This Human Resources Professional training course will prepare you for the SPHR and HRM-SCP certifications.
- Be prepared to pass the Senior Professional Human Resources certification (SPHR), offered by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), offered by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Understand the job duties and pay of a senior human resources professional
- Learn the core knowledge and the functional areas of the SPHR exam.
- Know how to formulate and execute a strategic plan for your department and the organization
- Understand how to monitor your organization's progress in hiring, retaining, and promoting people who are in protected categories
- Participate in talent and performance management as a senior human resources professional
- Know your role in various aspects of labor legislation and labor relations
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. However, HRCI requires that you meet one of the following criteria in order to sit for SPHR certification:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or higher
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
THE WORLD OF THE HR MANAGER
Common duties of an HR managers; the basics of SPHR certification
CORE KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Communication challenges, accurate documentation and employee learning and motivation; management and technology, analysis and organizational structures
BUSINESS STRATEGY AND MANAGEMENT
The Strategic planning process, evaluating your organization's strengths and weaknesses; mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate governance and HR metrics
WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT, PART 1
Training supervisors and managers in employment law, understanding and applying uniform guidelines; the EEOC and Affirmative Action
WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT, PART 2
Job analysis, descriptions and design; recruiting and hiring employees
DEVELOPING HUMAN RESOURCES WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION
Talent and performance management; creating effective training sessions and the performance appraisal process
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Rewarding and compensating employees; executive compensation packages
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
Labor legislation, employee relations and productivity; diversity, disputes and arbitration, labor relations and unions
Risk management process and managing workplace privacy; occupational injury and illness prevention programs
EMPLOYEE RIGHTS AND DISCIPLINE
Employee privacy, rights and discipline; whistleblowing, off-duty conduct and terminations
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES
Analyzing and managing an international environment using PEST; Expat Performance Appraisals (EPA) and the international labor environment
IMPLEMENTING HR STRATEGY, HIGH PERFORMANCE WORK SYSTEMS
Designing and implementing high-performance work systems (HPWS); learning and knowledge development, linking performance and rewards
GETTING READY FOR YOUR CERTIFICATION EXAM
HR Certification Institute (HRCI); SPHR body of knowledge areas and what to expect on the SPHR exam
In just 6 months, be prepared for two top certifications for senior HR professionals.
Anna Smith | Anna Smith has worked in the field of human resources for 30 years and has taught at university level for over 20 years. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Spalding University, a master's degree in management from Webster University, and a Master Online Teaching certificate from the University of Illinois. She is also a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources and a SHRM Senior Certified Professional. Her experience spans many areas of human resources including recruitment, labor relations, and affirmative action plans.
Mon-Fri | 8 am-4:30 pm
Kenosha, WI 53144
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, program activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations, contact Professional and Continuing Education at least eight weeks in advance at: 262-595-3340 (V), 262-595-2513 (FAX), or email email@example.com.