"The Start Up of You in Your Career"
Multicultural Professional Day is a mini-conference designed to prepare multicultural students for their career field. Its goal is to ensure that multicultural students are given the guidance, preparation, and opportunities to fully meet their career potential. Topics include how to write your resume & cover letter, interviewing do's & don'ts, transitional life topics, diversity in the workforce, and many more!
Join us for our annual MPD Career Program to help you answer your questions on how to jump start your career!
Spots for the Multicultural Professional Day event are often limited, so it is encouraged that you register early. Print out and complete the following registration form and return it with your $5.00 deposit to the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs in Wyllie D182 to reserve your spot. Participants will receive a deposit refund on the day of the event.
Expectations & Guidelines
To assist you in making your best impression, we have provided a list of guidelines and expectations.
- Prompt: Fashionably late is not a great first impression. Please be prompt!
- Polite: Express considerate manners by saying hello, excuse me and thank you for your time.
- Professional: Introduce yourself, ask proper questions,and be prepared to tell about your own career aspirations.
- Dress Appropriately: Business casual is highly recommended!
- Ladies consider: business skirt, slacks or khakis paired with a nice blouse or sweater
- Gentlemen consider: business slacks or khakis paired with a nice shirt or sweater - no tie required.
- Accommodations: Please notify an OMSA staff member if you need accommodations due to a disability (i.e. physical,visual, hearing, etc.) so we can make the necessary arrangements.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact April Puryear at 262.595.2732
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org