Friday, March 8, 2019 in the Student Center
Multicultural Professional Day (MPD) is a mini-conference designed to prepare multicultural students for their career field. Its goal is to ensure that multicultural students are given the guidance, preparation, and opportunities to fully meet their career potential.
Registration due by March 1, 2019 at 4:30pm
MPD Event Schedule - March 8, 2019
10:30-11:30am: Check-In and Free Professional Headshots
12:00-1:00pm: Etiquette Luncheon (Limited seating - REGISTER EARLY!)
1:10-2:00pm: Breakout Session
2:10-3:00pm: Breakout Session
3:10-4:00pm: Breakout Session
4:00-5:00pm: Networking Reception
Click here to view Breakout Session topics and presenters.
Spots for the Multicultural Professional Day event are often limited, so it is encouraged that you register early. Print out and complete the following registration form and return it with your $5.00 deposit to the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs in Wyllie D182 to reserve your spot. Participants will receive a deposit refund on the day of the event.
MPD Registration Form - Registration due by March 1, 2019 at 4:30pm
Expectations & Guidelines
To assist you in making your best impression, we have provided a list of guidelines and expectations.
- Prompt: Fashionably late is not a great first impression. Please be prompt!
- Polite: Express considerate manners by saying hello, excuse me and thank you for your time.
- Professional: Introduce yourself, ask proper questions,and be prepared to tell about your own career aspirations.
- Dress Appropriately: Business casual is highly recommended!
- Ladies consider: business skirt, slacks or khakis paired with a nice blouse or sweater
- Gentlemen consider: business slacks or khakis paired with a nice shirt or sweater - no tie required.
- Accommodations: Please notify an OMSA staff member if you need accommodations due to a disability (i.e. physical,visual, hearing, etc.) so we can make the necessary arrangements.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact: