Painter (Limited Term Employment)
Code: 028 Posted: 04/14/2014
The Residence Life Department is looking for a part Painter to paint walls, equipment, buildings, bridges and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns. This position may also direct and instruct apprentices, helper and other assistants. This is a temporary appointment. Shift/Hours of Position:7:00 am – 3:30pm, up to 40 hrs per week from June 1 to August 30, 2014 or until painting is complete. Starting pay is $11.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities of this appointment include but are not limited to:
- Prepare interior and exterior walls, ceilings, floors and other surfaces for painting
- Apply primer materials
- Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or rollers
- Apply paint to simulate wood grain, marble, brick or stonework
- Cut stencils, brush and spray lettering and decorations on surfaces.
- Sand surfaces between coats and polish final coat to specified finish.
- Bake finish on painted and enameled articles in baking oven.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun or putty knife.
- Read work order or receive instructions from supervisor.
- Erect scaffolding or set up ladders to work above ground level.
- Prepare interior and exterior walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces for painting.
- Remove soiled or excess paint.
- Apply primer materials.
- Mix and match paints and other protective materials.
- Apply paint, shellac, varnish, enamel, stain or other protective material to prepared surfaces, using brush, spray, roller, cloth or other means.
- Design, fabricate and install new signage systems or to match existing signage systems.
- Keep records and make reports.
- Direct and instruct apprentices, helpers and assistants in the work of the trade.
Past training and experience for this craft: Evidence of exterior and interior preparation and finish, paper hanging, decorating, spraying/rigging and care/use of tools and equipment including related instruction and safety procedures. Such evidence may include letters or statements from past customers/clients and/or employers.
Application Materials required are:
- LTE Application
- Current Resume
Application Materials are due in the Human Resources office by Friday April 25, 2014. If you have questions please contact Beverly Graves, Human Resources Assistant Advanced, (262) 595-2090 or email email@example.com
Contact Name: Beverly Graves
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2090
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Until: 04/25/2014