Play. Listen. Experience.
The Music Department is staffed by a faculty of highly qualified teaching performers who have concert experience and are active in teaching, service, research, and performance. Their specialties span all areas of undergraduate music study, and students can expect to receive excellent training in the applied and academic branches of music. The music faculty maintains high professional standards in the education and training of its students.
At the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, students enjoy the full academic and musical challenge of a larger institution while retaining the advantage of close student-faculty relationships. Large ensembles enroll more than 200 participants. Music major courses boast a very favorable teacher/student ratio, enrolling an average of a dozen or less music students. Relationships within the department are cordial and professors are accessible and easy to talk to.
- Personal and individual attention by faculty
- Career-oriented curriculum
- Unique music education program (all courses in music)
- Active department with over 60 concerts per academic year
- Professional experience by guest artists and masterclasses
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Dedicated, first-class musicians and educators
- Large ensembles open to all campus students
Program entry auditions
An audition is required for all Music major and Music minor students. If you are interested in becoming a becoming a Music major or minor at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, there are two steps you need to take:
- Apply for admission to the university
- Audition for the Music Department
Program Audition Dates
*highly recommended audition date