2014-2015 Faculty Staff Awards
Published: August 26, 2015
(Story from the Journal Times)
SOMERS —The University of Wisconsin-Parkside celebrated the beginning of another academic year with the tradition of Fall Convocation.
During her convocation message, Chancellor Debbie Ford told close to 400 faculty and staff that their work transforms and inspires lives. "Colleagues, we are recruiting graduates. Students who start here want to stay here because of what we do each day in the classroom, in the residence halls, in the advising and student support offices, and across our campus," Ford said. "We promise a 'Real. Amazing.' experience when they first visit our campus and we are delivering on our promise."
Ten faculty and staff were honored for "Real. Amazing." contributions to the university:
- Don Lintner, Academic Staff Distinguished Service Award;
- Dave Light, Classified Staff Distinguished Service Award;
- April Puryear, Classified Staff Distinguished Service Award;
- Madhumita (Mita) Banerjee, Advising Excellence Award;
- Jordania Leon-Jordan, University of Wisconsin-Parkside Diversity Award;
- Peter Knight, Community Engaged Learning and Research Award;
- Susan Lincke, Excellence in Research and Creative Activity Award;
- Farida Khan, Faculty Distinguished Service Award;
- Kristin Holmberg-Wright, and James Kinchen, Stella C. Gray Teaching Excellence Award, the university's top teaching award.
Select name below photograph for a brief biography of each award recipient.
Link to video of the event
Academic Staff Distinguished Service Award
Classified Staff Distinguished Service Awards
Faculty Distinguished Service Award
Dr. Farida Khan
Advising Excellence Award
Madhumita (Mita) Banerjee
Community Engaged Learning and Research Award
Dr. Peter Knight
University of Wisconsin-Parkside Diversity Award
Excellence in Research and Creative Activity Award
Dr. Susan Lincke
Stella C. Gray Teaching Excellence Award
Dr. Kristin Holmberg-Wright
Dr. James Kinchen