Housing and Residence Life is one of the largest employers of students on campus.  Working for Housing and Residence Life will give you excellent training and experience in leadership, communication skills, problem solving, working with people, and community development. When positions are available, they will be posted on Handshake unless otherwise noted.  All students are invited to apply whether they live on campus or not.



The Resident Advisor (RA) position is a student leadership position that supports the academic and developmental mission of the University. Resident Advisors live in the residence halls. They facilitate inclusive group living and learning environments through the implementation of the Residential Curriculum. They help residents with personal and academic concerns and help resolve individual and group conflicts that arise. Resident Advisors promote and enforce standards for appropriate behavior, and they develop and implement social and educational activities and programs.


Office Assistants
Office Assistants work at the front desk in the Department of Housing and Residence Life. They work closely with students, families and staff as a resource to promote the on campus living experience. They give tours, answer questions, help address concerns, and connect them with necessary resources. In addition they manage administrative tasks for the office including mail, supply inventory and management, maintain student and department records, and resident check in/out. Desk Assistants also assist with emergency response.


Summer Maintenance Worker
Summer Facilities staff works over the summer months to revitalize and repair the residence halls. This is a full time position that begins at the start of the summer semester and concludes in prior to the start of the fall session.  You would be in charge of maintaining Parkside's high quality living facilities while preparing the resident halls for the arrival of students. 

Scroll to top