MOVE IN DAYS
As we focus on the start of a new academic year we find ourselves filled with emotions over the police officer involved shooting of Jacob Blake and subsequent events in our local Kenosha community. The shooting this past Sunday and the protest that followed continue to point our learning community to the important work that needs to be done to eliminate racial inequality and social injustice that exists within our society. It is important and necessary that there be a full and complete investigation, accountability, and a continued break down of barriers that prevent equality and justice for all. The violence, destruction, and civil unrest in our greater community does not reflect the values of our UW-Parkside living and learning community as Chancellor Ford shared in her message to the campus.
Though our campus is situated outside the immediate area of the unrest we continue to monitor events closely and receive continual updates from local and state officials. The safety and security of every member of our campus community and property is a top priority. As you may be aware a 7PM curfew has been issued for Kenosha County. Due to the curfew UW-Parkside Housing & Residence Life has made some adjustment to our Move-In Days. Please visit the link below for more specific information.
What to Bring
Prior to Move-In Day, residents are encouraged to contact their roommates to discuss what personal items are being brought to campus.
Please call the Department of Housing and Residence Life at 262-595-2320 with any questions you may have.
What to bring
- Printer with paper*
- School Supplies | Pencils, Pen, Highlighters, Scissors, etc.
- Desk Lamp*
BED & BATH
- Extra long bed linen
- Mattress Pad*
- Mattress Foam Topper*
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes | Waterproof Sandals
- Toilet Paper (Pike River Suites & University Apartments only)
- Plates, bowls, cups, etc.
- Pots, pans, etc.
- Dish Soap, dish towels/rags
LAUNDRY & CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Laundry basket or bag
- Stain remover
- Cleaning Supplies (Windex, paper towels, wipes)
- Hand Held Cleaner or Vacuum
ELECTRONICS AND HOUSEWARES
- Power Strips with surge protector with reset button
- Alarm Clock
- Batteries | AA and AAA
- Shower Caddy
- Room Decorations | Photos, posters, etc.
- Dry Erase board, markers
- First Aid Kit, Band-Aids
- Desk Fan
Talk With Roommate
TALK WITH ROOMMATE ABOUT THESE
- Television with cable cord
- DVD/Blu-Ray Player
- Mini-Fridge | 3 cu. ft or below
- Microwave | 1000 Watt or below
Things to leave at home
THINGS TO LEAVE AT HOME
- Alcohol and/ or illegal drugs
- Pets (Fish are allowed)
- Air conditioners
- Extension Cords
- Toaster Ovens, hot pots, electric skillet, hot plates
- Electric Blankets, heating pads
- Sun Lamps
- Space Heaters
- Refrigerators over 3.2 cu. ft.
- Things to be hung from the ceiling
- Free weights and weight benches
Housing and Residence Life | 262-595-2320