You've done your homework, and you know living on campus is a great value. National research reflects that students who live on campus tend to have higher GPAs and persist to graduation at higher rates than those who do not. Now you need to sign up and secure your space.
All freshman and sophomore students are required to live in University-operated housing. The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System requires that all students with 54 or fewer credits live in University-operated housing during the academic year. Exceptions are linked below.
Students who plan to live on campus must complete a Housing & Residence Life and Dining Services Contract in order to receive a room assignment. To complete the contract, follow these simple steps:
COMPLETE YOUR CONTRACT ONLINE
Complete and submit your Housing & Residence Life and Dining Services contract online in MyHousing.
Guidance to get you started:
- Use your Parkside username and password to login to MyHousing. You must be admitted and have activated your Parkside account.
- Click "Contracts and Applications" at the top of the page, and select the contract term for which you plan to live on campus.
- This is a contract, NOT an application. All eligible students who complete a contract are guaranteed housing.
- The contract is for BOTH the fall and spring semesters or for the remainder of the contract period if entered into after the start of the fall semester. Winterim and Summer have separate contracts.
ENTER YOUR PREFERENCES AND REQUESTS
You may indicate specific building or room type preferences and requests on your contract. These are preferences and do not guarantee you a specific type of room assignment. You may also request a specific roommate online in MyHousing. All preferences and roommate requests must be entered by July 1st for consideration for new fall contracts or January 1st for new spring contracts.
If you are under the age of 18 at the time of contract submission, you must have a parent or legal guardian verify acceptance of the contract terms. The person listed on your contract as the "Primary Family Member" will receive an email with a link and verification code. This step must be done for the contract to be considered complete.
CONTRACT FEE PAYMENT
If you are new to campus living, you will be charged a $50 contract fee. This fee is non-refundable. The fee will be placed on your SOLAR account within 3 weeks of contract completion.
CHECK YOUR PARKSIDE EMAIL
Once your contract is complete, you will receive a confirmation page and email with a copy of the contract. Continue to check your Parkside email for room assignment and move-in information. New fall assignments are sent starting in mid-July and starting in mid-January for new spring assignments.
- Living with parents or guardian within the commutable range
Commutable Zip Codes