UPS workplace expectations
Effective Date: July 1, 2015
Last Updated: May 18, 2015
Next Review: July 1, 2016
University Staff Policies and Procedures
SUBJECT: Workplace Conduct Expectations
Original Issuance Date: July 1, 2015
1. POLICY PURPOSE:
A “calendar day” excludes legal holidays in all cases.4.POLICY:
The workplace expectations listed below also apply to:
- All UW System employees when conducting business at UW-Parkside.
- Volunteers and other representatives when speaking or acting on behalf of UW-Parkside.
These guidelines are not meant to and shall not interfere with academic freedom. The following are general expectations for UW-Parkside employee conduct in the workplace:
- Be Fair and Respectful to Others – Every UW-Parkside employee shall be courteous and respectful in interactions with students, other employees, members of the general public, and/or any other individual when acting on behalf of UW-Parkside. (SeeUWS 18.10 and UWS 18.11
- Protect and Preserve UW-Parkside Resources – Employees shall responsibly use and care for UW-Parkside property. UW-Parkside services, resources, or information shall not be used for personal gain. (See UWS 18.12 and UWS 18.08)
- Act Ethically and with Integrity – All UW-Parkside employees should act according to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct (See RPD – Code of Ethics and Wis. Stat.§ 19.45(11)(b)).
- Contribute to a Healthy and Safe Workplace – UW-Parkside strives to promote health and safety in the workplace. It is the responsibility of all to ensure a safe, secure, and healthy environment for all. (See UWS 18, Conduct on University Lands).
- Promote a Culture of Responsibility
Expectations in furtherance of these principles are located in Appendix 1 and 2.
Any alleged violations of this policy should first be reported to the employee’s direct supervisor, department chair or department head as appropriate. It is expected that the recipient of the information regarding the alleged policy violation will investigate and take appropriate action.
5. JOINT RESPONSIBILITY:
The Human Resources Office and the University Staff Committee will share joint responsibility for evaluating the effectiveness of this policy by conducting yearly reviews of this Workplace Conduct Expectations Policy. The Human Resource Office may provide procedural assistance for employees if needed.
Regent Policy Document Code of Ethics (effective July 1, 2015)
UPS Operational Policy WE 3: Workplace Conduct Expectations
UPS Operational Policy GEN 11: Workplace Safety
UPS Operational Policy WE 1: Code of Ethics
UW-Parkside Complaint Policy
UW-Parkside Sexual Harassment Policy – Administrative Policy #36