Workforce and Career Training
In a rapidly changing job market, do you have the right skills to adapt and compete in today's workforce? UW-Parkside’s Professional and Continuing Education works with local partners to provide resources as well as inclusive and equitable educational opportunities for learners in our communities and for our industry partners to support career growth and foster lifelong learning.
Free Informational Webinars
Talent Pipeline and Employee Retention Solutions
Nov 4 | 12 pm-1 pm | Online | Free
Join University of Wisconsin-Parkside employer outreach professionals and dive into the benefits that internships, mentorships, and professional skill development opportunities can provide your organization. Acquiring and retaining a strong workforce is a challenge for employers of all sizes and specializations - let us equip you with strategies and resources for broadening your company’s talent pipeline and increasing the value and appeal of your career offerings. Register for this webinar to get started learning how UW-Parkside can connect you with the talent you need to grow your company and training opportunities to help your current workforce thrive.
Prepare Yourself for In-Demand Careers
Pre-Recorded | Online
Are you interested in upskilling? Join us for this free webinar to learn about all our new online career training programs that feature self-paced learning and lead to industry-recognized certifications. You will also learn how to locate your local workforce or American Job Center office to apply for assistance.
About the Presenter
Joy Jamerson is the Workforce Development Manager for Cengage/ed2go. She is an innovative professional possessing strong analytical and organizational skills, with over fifteen years of experience and a proven track record of accomplishments in workforce development, recruitment, strategic planning, coordinating, talent acquisition, student placement, and budgeting.
Joy has dedicated her entire career to academia. She understands that both traditional and non-traditional students face academic challenges, understands the importance of increasing career knowledge in today's competitive workforce, and is a strong advocate for making sure higher education is available and affordable to everyone.
Joy holds a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Phoenix and a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration from Southern University in New Orleans.
There are several federally funded programs available to individuals seeking to grow their skills. Click here to view a map of contact information to highly skilled representatives in your county who will help verify your eligibility and determine which program would be the best fit.
Statewide Eligible Training List
The Eligible Training Program List (ETPL) is available to job seekers in Wisconsin who are interested in skill and trade certification or degree completion options who qualify for federally funded programs. ETPL courses are generally approved for Wisconsin Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) programs. Click below to view the list of UW-Parkside courses that are currently available on ETPL. Explore UW-Parkside’s list of approved trainings and certifications available on the ETPL.
UW-Parkside ETPL Course List
- SHRM Certification Exam Prep
- SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
- Senior Professional in Human Resources
- Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Master 2019 (Vouchers Included)
- Microsoft Office 2016 Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- CBCS Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- CCA Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- CCA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- CBCS Medical Billing and Coding (Voucher Included)
- The Complete Project Manager with Microsoft Project 2016 (Software Included)
- Microsoft Office 2019 Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- Pharmacy Technician (Voucher Included)
- CPC Certified Medical Administrative Assistant w/Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) (Voucher Included)
- The Complete Project Manager with Microsoft Project 2019 (Software Included)
- CPC Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
- Cert Clinical Med Asst (CCMA - Voucher Included)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) + Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) (Vouchers Included)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant with Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist + Medical Terminology (Vouchers Included)
- Mastering Project Management with Microsoft Project 2019 (Software Included)
- Executive Assistant with Microsoft Office Master 2019 Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
- Human Resources Professional
- Senior Professional in Human Resources with Payroll Practice and Management
- Information Security Training (Vouchers Included)
- Human Resources Professional with Payroll Practice and Management
- ICD-10 Medical Coding
- Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Master 2016 (Vouchers Included)
- OMCP® Social and Mobile Marketing Professional
- Cert Medical Admin Asst w/Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
In-Demand Career Training
CMAA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (Vouchers Included)
Medical Billing and Coding (Vouchers Included)
Pharmacy Technician (Voucher Included)
Certified Administrative Professional with Microsoft Office Master 2019 (Vouchers Included)
Microsoft Office Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, program activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations, contact Professional and Continuing Education at least eight weeks in advance at: 262-595-3340 (V), 262-595-2513 (FAX), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.